SPRING 2015 Enrollment is now CLOSED. Registration for Fall 2015 will open in April.
We appreciate your interest in Julian Charter School. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have about our school or our programs.
How Can I Enroll my Child?
Fall 2015 registration will open in April, at that time there will be an active registration link which will allow you to register online. For more information regarding our Home Study program please contact the admissions department.
The Home Study program is a program designed for students whose parents are actively involved in their education. The parents have a strong sense of what they want their children to study and are actively involved in the lesson planning, instructing, and correcting of assignments for their children. Home study students, as well as their parents, have face-to-face meetings with their Educational Facilitator at least once every 20 school days for a minimum of one hour per student per meeting. During these meetings, the Educational Facilitator reviews ALL assignments, collects samples to include in the required monthly paperwork, discusses any problems or areas of concern that may have occurred during the month, and assigns, with parental input, the next month’s assignments. The student’s personal interests are incorporated into the assignments as well as activities and assignments that complement his/her learning style(s). The meeting dates are decided upon during the completion of the Master Agreement each semester.
- High school students will also be assigned to a subject area teacher for core courses. These teachers, called Specialists, will assist in the assignment and evaluation coursework, be available for consultation and tutoring during the semester, and are responsible for the final examinations, which must be taken in all core courses (math, English, science & social science).
- Placement in Home Study or Independent Study is chosen at the beginning of each semester. Alterations to this program choice may only be made at the semester change or with the approval of the administration.
The second program choice is our Academy program. An Academy is typically an “all-inclusive” educational program hosted by various JCS sites. This program option generally consists of 2-4 days per week of core subject instruction and 1 day per week of academic electives (depending upon location and program philosophy). Students entering into the Academy will receive direct instruction from highly qualified credentialed teachers in the subject area of instruction and will then complete homework and projects at home much like in a traditional classroom.
Students who attend the Academy are assigned directly to the Academy Advisor of that given site, versus being assigned to an Educational Facilitator. If you are interested in the Academy option, contact the appropriate Academy office directly. Academy programs are located in the following areas Murrieta, San Diego, Encinitas, San Marcos, Oceanside, Pine Valley, and Alpine.
JCS offers many support services, some of which will be recommended by the Educational Facilitator and some that may originate with a request from the student or parent. Services include, at a minimum, the following:
- Special Education Services
- Safety Net & Safety Net Tutoring
- Student Study Teams (SST)
- Academic Counselor
- Reading Specialists
- Math Specialists
- Learning Center/Academy Classes
- Content Area Specialists, Department Chairs, and other Curriculum Support Teams
- Educational Materials Requests (EMRs)
- Vendor Course Instruction (VCI)
- Parent Trainings
- Parent Wiki (Access to resources and discussion forums)
- Online resources such as Discovery Streaming, Discovery Science, Compass Learning, and others at no charge to currently enrolled students.